Monday, October 20, 2008

The End of an Era

Its that time of year again. The leaves are changing color, the weather is getting cooler, and the women are trading in their bikinis for their turtlenecks. The Fall is here. Its one of my favorite times of year, because it signifies change. The leaves let you know that another year is almost over, and the Sunday drinking tells you football season has begun. However, this year is different. This year, we are not only changing seasons, but changing our leader of America. This year, George W. Bush will officially leave the Oval Office, and either McCain or Obama will take his place.


As the 2008 election campaign anxiously approaches November 4th, I've decided to take this opportunity to look back and reflect. The American Dream is still alive. You know it is because there are still more people trying to get into this country than trying to get out. However, no one has lived the American Dream in a more distinguished way than George Dubbya. He's done many things - 1) Screw up the economy, 2) Start an unnecessary war, 3) Make oil ridiculously expensive, and so on and so forth.


However, I like to think of myself as an optimistic man. So, I'd like to share with you all what a friend shared with me. This would be some of the wise and profound sayings that George Dubbya left with us. All great and noble statesmen leave a legacy with some of their thoughts and sayings that become enshrined in the minds of humanity and get passed on from generation to generation. For example, in ancient Rome Cicero would leave us with thought provoking sayings such as "Advice is judged by results, not by intentions". In much the same way George W. Bush also left us with some wonderful words of wisdom which I'd like to share with you and give you my own take on what he meant:


1 - "Most imports are from outside the country" - I think he was really trying to tackle the immigration issue here. I think what he was trying to differentiate is the imports that come from other countries, as opposed to the imports made by the illegal immigrants locally. I'm sorry, I tried, but this is just a stupid fucking statement.


2 - "You can fool some of the people all the time, and those are the ones you want to concentrate on" - I think the people he was referring to were Donald Rumsfeld, and Condoleeza Rice.


3 - "Well, I think if you say your going to do something and don't do it, that's trustworthiness" - Obviously, this was one of his greatest sayings ever. We all know this is directed towards Bin Laden. Dubbya is simply trying to imply to Bin Laden that he's going to find him, and then not do it, ergo, maintaining his trustworthiness with the American People. In the words of John McCain we've got Bin Laden "Right where we want em". In a safe cave, away from harm, and unable to be located.

4 - “There's an old saying in Tennessee - I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee...that says, fool me once, shame on...shame on you. Fool me...you can't get fooled again.” - I believe this was the inspirational speech he gave to congress after he was informed that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction.

5 - “When I take action, I'm not going to fire a $2 million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt. It's going to be decisive.” - Clearly he is implying that Bin Laden is a Camel Butt.

All in all, the presidency of George W. Bush will be remembered as an interesting one to say the least. At least we all will learn what happens when you elect a guy you'd like to have a beer with at a barbecue for president. The nation deals with the hangover. On the other hand, I also believe that for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. Maybe the next President can be the opposite reaction to whatever Bush was. Intelligent, eloquent, and inspiring.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT!! LOL

The Indian Guy said...

Dear anonymous,

Thanks

StatCounter