Friday, June 13, 2008

A Religous Experience

In our temple, when men and women enter they are required to sit on 2 seperate sides. Over the years, I've gotten into many debates with people regarding this. Personally, I never thought it was a big deal. As a dude, let's be honest - you think of women 99.9999% of the time, and the rest of the time is devoted to sports. Therefore, the idea of focusing on god, and not on women kind of made sense to me. Having a bunch of guys around me, definately helps me focus on the task at hand.

However, many people over the years have argued with me about this issue. They told me things like why does your religion do this? Is it really necessary? I don't see the point. Sometimes they made convincing arguments. But today....today I have the be all end all of all their arguments. I can confidently say that we seperate men and women so this doesn't happen.

According to this article an Italian couple got caught having sex in the confessional box while morning mass was being said (talk about morning wood!). Upon reading this I was thoroughly jealous, and enlightened (not to mention inspired). From this article I learned that "where there's a will there's a way" but also, that maybe seperating men and women might not be such a bad idea. I also learned, that there's probably a good reason why we don't have a "confessional box" at our temple.

I mean, if you think about it, there's a billion Indians roaming around today, and that happened for one reason and one reason only. Back in the day, India had a strong agricultural economy, and as a result people were BORED OUT OF THEIR MIND! I mean, really how exciting can it be to watch tobacco grow? As a result they started slappin skins to kill the time. In fact they got so good at this they made a whole journal for the world to follow (I present to you.....The Kama Sutra). The tobacco was growin and the babies were poppin!

So what does this have to do with religion you ask? I think the one place to really not think about getting your freak on was temple. However, being the horny folks that Indians are, they probably realized that it was just too much to have your baby-momma sittin next to you lickin her lips and giving you the "I want you eyes", while you're trying to make sure you don't re-incarnate into a toad. As a result, I believe that they finally decided through trial & error and realized that it was easier to think about god, when the sexual tension was absent. Is it better or worst? I'm not sure, but I'd like to install a "confessional box" to see if it makes a difference.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hehehe I like this article. I've started having a thing for Indian chicks. They are smokin' I so sexy!! If a cute one started licking her lips and giving me I want you eyes I'd lose it right there.

The Indian Guy said...

Haha...it must be the UAE water that keeps changing. If I remember correctly, last time you were ready to move to Moscow lol! I believe your travels directly impact the type of women your attracted to. If I remember correctly you now need a French Canadian/Indian/Russian woman with a New York Attitude, and UAE charm.

StatCounter