1. Two out of every three couples turn their heads to the right when they kiss.
First of all we all do things towards the right. When 2 people walk down a hall they walk to the right. As a result when we kiss we just turn our heads to the right. Its natural, but what happens when you don't follow this norm? Well, besides getting into a nose fight, you will realize that your in unfamiliar territory. As I've been taught, when your in unfamiliar territory go for the flesh. This will get you past the kissing, and possibly rounding the bases.
2. A simple peck uses two muscles; a passionate kiss, on the other hand, uses all 34 muscles in your face. Now that’s a rigorous workout!
Once again, I think these people are missing the point. A "passionate" kiss may use all 34 muscles in your face, but an hour of sex burns a few hundred calories, and uses every single muscle in the body. So if you wanna "take the easy way out" go ahead and do the passionate kiss, but for a rigorous workout my advice is an hour of sex.
3. Like fingerprints or snowflakes, no two lip impressions are alike.
I believe this is due to the fact that you never know where those lips have been before you got there (First time....yeah right!). I would also imagine that just like fingerprints or snowflakes no two sets of excuses about how many people the other person has been with are not alike either.
4. Kissing is good for what ails you. Research shows that the act of smooching improves our skin, helps circulation, prevents tooth decay, and can even relieve headaches.
This one is my favorite because clearly a med student who wasn't having much luck went for the sympathy angle. "C'mon baby, its for my health can't you see?" However, sometimes when you're wasted and you realized who you just kissed, leads to an increase in the symptoms that kissing is supposed to cure such as headaches and circulation issues, hence I don't know how much stock I'd put into this fun fact.
5. The average person spends 336 hours of his or her life kissing.
A more detailed look at the numbers shows that the average man spends 168 hours of his life kissing, and the average woman spends 672 hours of her life kissing. The reason being that men will often give up kissing time for doing things like chugging a beer, a touchdown dance, or fighting for the last slice of pizza. On the other hand, women make up for this by kissing other people when men are off participating in such degenerate activities.
6. Ever wonder how an “X” came to represent a kiss? Starting in the Middle Ages, people who could not read used an X as a signature. They would kiss this mark as a sign of sincerity. Eventually, the X came to represent the kiss itself.
Okay, this one makes no sense to me. My interpretation is that if you were illiterate you signed an "X" on a piece of paper and then kissed it and said this was your signature. Imagine doing that to checks? We'd have one hell of a time at the bank.
7. Talk about a rush! Kissing releases the same neurotransmitters in our brains as parachuting, bungee jumping, and running.
Notice how they use analogies such as "parachuting, bungee jumping, and running" which to me implies that when you kiss someone you either want to kill yourself, or get the hell out of there.
8. The average woman kisses 29 men before she gets married.
This is just a bold lie. If you show me a woman that has only kissed 29 men in her lifetime, I will show you a lesbian.
9. Men who kiss their partners before leaving for work average higher incomes than those who don’t.
Yes, this is true. Men who kiss their partners in the morning are probably kissing another partner at night. As a result, they need to provide for 2 women, and earn higher incomes.
10. The longest kiss in movie history was between Jane Wyman and Regis Tommey in the 1941 film, You’re in the Army Now. It lasted 3 minutes and 5 seconds. So if you’ve beaten that record, it’s time to celebrate!
At first thought I figured their must've been a longer kiss in a porno, however I soon realized that in pornos they get right to the point. As a result this observation is probably true.
The point here is that women and men have two completely different takes on kissing. For women kissing can often be a final destination. For men, kissing is ALWAYS a pit stop or a road bump on the way to the final destination. I don't care if your on a hot air balloon hundreds of feet in the air, or in the back of a taxi, kissing for men is never the final destination. Oh, we'll tell women that it is, and that we're happy with it, because we don't want to upset the women. However, I don't know of any straight guy that has kissed a girl and thought "Gee, that was swell". If your telling me you have, he's either gay, or he struck out and is trying to make himself feel better.